Want to discover how you can turn your gifts and passions into a job you love? Internships at Hallmark Baptist Church offer you a hands-on opportunity to work alongside our staff and see close up what it’s like to leverage your unique traits in the church workplace. We will train and mentor you with the goal of helping you discover who God created you to be!
This internship is about making disciples that make disciples. Our goal is to partner and equip the next generation for ministry. We want this to be more than a useful tool, we want it to be a learning and a growing experience to take into future opportunities. We want to do everything as Colossians 3:17 says – “for the glory of God”!
This internship program gives leaders the opportunity to actively explore and receive training in vocational ministry. Our hope is to prepare and send out emerging leaders to make Jesus known in a variety of contexts. Interns will be committed to 15 hours a week, receiving practical ministry training as well as Bible training throughout their service to prepare and equip them for ministry.
When Is The Next Internship?
Summer Internship: June 6th to August 1st, 2022
School Year Internship: September 2022 to May 2023
Is There Compensation?
- Yes! Interns are compensated $150 a week
- Interns will be given free housing.
School Year Internship
- No. Interns will be given free housing. Meals are not included.
- We encourage all of our interns to either work a part-time job or take courses in higher-education during their time as an intern.
- This responsibility plus 15 intern hours per week creates the optimal situation for the intern to establish a weekly rhythm and life habits necessary for future success
Ministry Emphases Available
- Children’s Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Worship Ministry
The ideal candidate:
- Falls in the age range of 18 – 25 years old
- Is living a life in Christ and desiring to grow in their walk with the Lord
- Supports our vision of Leading People to Find and Follow Jesus
- Affirms the basic doctrines of Christian faith (see Our Beliefs)
- Possesses a desire to follow leadership and lead others also
- Maintains a teachable spirit and flexible attitude that is necessary for ministry
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of a commitment is it?
- Internships require 15 hours a week
Will I be working by myself?
- This internship is designed to work with other interns, in groups, and on teams.
I’m married – Am I still eligible?
- No, this internship is designed for individuals, with the experience of living in the intern house.
Do I need a vehicle?
- Yes, they’re allowed and encouraged but not a requirement.
Are pets allowed?
- No pets are allowed including emotional support animals (sorry no dogs or pet dragons).
What will I receive upon completion?
- Upon satisfactory completion of the internship, you will receive a certificate and letter of recommendation.
- You will also receive $1000 scholarship to further your education.